Welcome to My Tea Lounge, Where A Spoonful of Sugar Makes the Adversities of Life Go Down!
All About Me
Hi, guys! My name is Lordy Emmanuella Belance and welcome to Spillin’ Tea With Lordy! I am from Brooklyn, NY, and I recently graduated from Brooklyn College with a BFA in Creative Writing. A few of the stories, poems, and articles that I have written have been published, such as “Ode to My Other Half”, “Catching Up With The Other Lordys”, and “My Semester: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.”
- “Charles Henri Baker running for President of Haiti sitting on stage with Haitian flag”- Charles Henri Baker/Creative Commons
- “American Flag”- JeepersMedia/Creative Commons
Personality: Creative, smart, kind, friendly, a bit eccentric, sensitive, romantic, talented, curious, empathetic, positive (while being realistic)
- Creative writing- Constructing a world and the people who live in it. That’s fun!
- Disney and Nickelodeon- I don’t care what anyone else says. You’re never too old for them!
- Karaoke- Sometimes, you just need to sing your heart out.
- Christmas- Like the song says, “It’s the most wonderful time of the year.” Going to Mass, exchanging gifts, and spending time with family- What’s more special than that?
- Sitcoms- Because laughter is the best medicine.
- Feminism- Women can do anything men can do! Girl power!
- Pop culture- Movies, shows, music, and so much more.
- Cartoons- Like I said, you are never too old for nostalgia.
- Romance- “All you need is love.”
- Reality TV/competition shows- TV would be pretty boring without a little drama and competition. I like The Bachelor, America’s Next Top Model, The American Baking Show, Hell’s Kitchen, and Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
- Netflix and Amazon Prime- There’s nothing like streaming your favorite TV shows and movies.
- Pink- Both the color and the singer.
- Skirts and dresses- I’m a girly-girl.
- The 80s, 90s, and 2000s- The three best decades ever! The 80s gave us Madonna, leg warmers, and mixtapes, the 90s gave us Full House, floral dresses, and Friends, and the 2000s gave us The Pussycat Dolls, YouTube, and Hannah Montana.
- Vintage fashion- Poodle skirts, bell bottoms, disco suits, what have you- They should totally make a comeback!
- The Magic Wand- rafael-castillo/Creative Commons
- The 80s GIF- BuzzFeed/Giphy
- “From Feminism to Queer Theory | poster”- Iga Kucharska/Creative Commons
- Colton Underwood GIF- The Bachelor/Giphy
- Walt Disney GIF- youngmunchkin (Tumblr)/Giphy
- Bullying- There is NO excuse for being a jerk!
- Abuse- Especially towards children, women, and elders. Hurting someone else for no reason or a petty reason is beyond messed up. And don’t get me started on name-calling.
- When people say that being an artist isn’t a real job- Sure thing, Negative Nancys. Every person in the world should be a teacher, lawyer, or doctor. Roger that. SIKE!!!!
- Police brutality- Because a white police officer has authority and white privilege, it is okay for them to beat up on an innocent black woman who merely wanted a ride home. SIKE!!
- Those who judge people by appearance, background, and/or status- Just because someone is poor and uneducated/under-educated does not mean that they don’t have any good qualities. In turn, someone who is rich and highly educated is not necessarily a prize.
- Homophobia- Love is love, for Pete’s sake!
- BULLY- PlanetFab Studio/Creative Commons
- “lampverbal-abuse–most-interesting-and-creative-ads”- thelampnyc/Creative Commons
- Char- Goodreads/Giphy
- Police Brutality- South Park/Giphy
- Michele Romanow No GIF- CBC/Giphy
- Homophobia- Mike Fleming/Creative Commons
- Soup joumou (Haitian squash soup)
- Macaroni gratin (Haitian or not)
- Caesar salad
*Descriptions found on Foodies Feed.
- Sexy Pizza GIF- Nibzworld (Tumblr)/Giphy
- Sushi GIF- UncleWomas (Tumblr)/Giphy
- Soupe au giraumon- Claude Pierre Louis/Foodies Feed (istockphoto)
- Pasta Belongs GIF- Imgur/Giphy
- Traditional Caesar Salad- olgna/Foodies Feed (istockphoto)
- Mixed-ish- The issues of being mixed in the 80s, the love between people of different races. and pure comedy. What could be better?
- Stumptown- Dex is a bad-ass private investigator who bends the rules in order to help those in need. And I like how they represent those who have Down Syndrome. Ansel is the best!
- The Goldbergs- Four things I love about this show- the fashion, learning about 80s pop culture, family dynamics, and of course, comedy. As Adam Goldberg (the character) says, “We need to laugh, dammit!” And Beverly Goldberg’s sweaters are to die for.
- Family Matters- Many, including myself, conceive of this show as “Black Full House.” The life lessons, familial love, and of course, Steve’s clumsy and clingy personality made Family Matters the amazingly awesome show that it was (and still is!).
- The Bachelor/ette- There’s nothing like watching a bunch of people compete for someone’s love. Plus, those watch parties that many people host seem like fun. However, I wonder when there will be a black Bachelor. The Bachelorette is already ahead of the game with Rachel Lindsay.
- Fitting In An Idiot GIF- ABC Network/Giphy
- Stumptown GIF- ABC Network/Giphy
- Season 6 GIF- The Goldbergs/Giphy
- Family Matters Love GIF- curveyhunnie (Tumblr)/Giphy
- Episode 9 Hannah Brown GIF- The Bachelorette/Giphy
- White Chicks- If two black men masquerading as white women and Yo Mama jokes does not scream “Classic!,” then what does?
- The Princess and the Frog- Tiana is a good archetype of a hard-working black woman trying to make it in America and sets the best example for young girls and women. No hate towards the other Disney princesses, though.
- Girls Trip- Four black women who successfully finished college reuniting, vacationing together, and exchanging the drama that is going on in their lives? Yes, please!
- Brave- Merida is one of the Disney princesses to fight against the norms of society. Thanks to her, young women (and possibly men, too) are inspired not to give in to the pressures to get married that family and friends put on them. Right on, Merida!
- Hairspray (2007)- Dancing, singing, pretty outfits, battling against segregation & bullying, and John Travolta (that part I heard from my boyfriend, William) in a dress? Oh, yeah!
- White Chicks GIF- mistersswagg (Tumblr)/Giphy
- Shocked The Princess and the Frog- 23-hour-party-people (Tumblr)/Giphy
- Girls Trip GIF- Girls Trip/Giphy
- “Best HD Princess Merida brave movie facebook cover”- Tatiana_0000/Creative Commons
- “12_02115_Good-Morning-Baltimore”- John-Daggett/Creative Commons
- Beyoncé- I have been listening to her music since I was a kid. In my opinion. three of her best songs are Freakum Dress, Run the World, and Ring the Alarm. I love how most of her songs support girl power.
- Cole Sibus- Known for portraying the amazing Ansel Parios on Stumptown.
- Will Smith- I will forever watch reruns of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Plus, he is a fine example of “black don’t crack.”
- Julie Andrews- She starred as many of the fun characters that we know and love, such as Mary Poppins, Maria Von Trapp, and Nanny from Eloise at the Plaza.
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen- They made their debut as adorable Michelle Tanner from Full House, and they have also starred in many great films and TV shows such as To Grandmother’s House We Go, It Takes Two, and Two of a Kind. Now they each have successful careers in fashion. Who else is disappointed that they did not make an appearance in Fuller House?
- Single Ladies Beyonce GIF- halalboyfriend (Tumblr)/Giphy
- Stumptown GIF- ABC Network/Giphy
- “Pop Portraits 3”- Alessandro Pautasso/Creative Commons
- Julie Andrews GIF- EOnline/Giphy
- Full House GIF- marykateashleyolsens (Tumblr)/Giphy
- Barbara Park- No matter how old I get, I will never stop laughing at Junie B. Jones!
- Maya Angelou- I especially love her poem “Still I Rise.” With the mad world that we live in, we must learn how to be resilient.
- Shel Silverstein- I remember doing poetry book reports on his poems. Two of his best books are “Light in the Attic” and “Falling Up.” He has never failed to entertain us.
- Judy Blume- She wrote amazing books including the Fudge series, Blubber, and Tiger Eyes. Not only were her works comedic, but they also brought to light serious topics such as grief, bullying, religion, and the biology of females.
- Ann M. Martin- She is mostly renowned for writing The Babysitters Club, the beloved book series about a bunch of middle school girls who run a babysitting service while handling issues with family, school, boys, etc. Thank you for making my life awesome, Ann M. Martin! 🙂
- “waiting room”- tbone_sandwich/Creative Commons
- “”Never explain what you do. It speaks for itself. You only muddle it by talking about it.””- flatKat/Creative Commons
- “Maya Angelou Tribute”- Timberland Regional Library/Creative Commons
- “Mary Anne Saves the Day”- Vernon Barford School Library/Creative Commons
- “Judy Blume”- kuow949/Creative Commons
- Miss Piggy
- Fozzie Bear
- The Muppets GIF- Tumblr/Giphy
- Fozzie Bear GIF- Madamenoire/Giphy
- Kermit the Frog Television GIF- gameraboy1 (Tumblr)/Giphy
- Imagine Dragons Lips GIF- iamallybee (Tumblr), ABC/Giphy
- This Was My First Muppets GIF- Tumblr/Giphy
My Three Best Experiences:
- Seeing Derren Brown’s “Secret”
- Meeting Bella Thorne on BuzzFeed News’ Profile and playing a trivia game with her. Want proof? Go to their FaceBook page and look for the Bella Thorne trivia clip.
- Spending Christmas in Florida
- Bella Thorne and I- Courtesy of whoever volunteered to take our picture
- “Secret” playbill- Courtesy of Yours Truly
- Florida- Courtesy of Belinda and Paul
My Three Worst Experiences:
- Almost drowning in a pool
- Facing bullying
- Riding The Barnstormer at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom
- Drowning Help Me GIF- mattybing1025 (Tumblr)/Giphy
- Season 1 Episode 3 GIF- The Good Place/Giphy
- “Disney World: Magic Kingdom – The Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini”- wallyg/Creative Commons
Now that you know about me, I’d like to know about you. Write a little bio about yourself in the comments below!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.