Now that it is summer, it is time for some summer reading. Speaking of which, be sure to take a look at my novel titled Best Served Cold on Amazon. This novel is about a teenager who goes to extreme measures to get revenge on her sister after she treated her as an outcast and humiliated her at school. The main character later regrets her actions. It is available as a paperback for $5.99! The link to preview and purchase it is below! Happy reading!
- Locked Up- Akon ft. Styles P*:
2. Another One Bites the Dust:
3. I Will Survive- Gloria Gaynor:
4. Survivor- Destiny’s Child:
5. The Lazy Song- Bruno Mars:
6. Three Little Birds- Bob Marley:
7. Stayin’ Alive- Bee Gees:
8. Paint It Black- Rolling Stones:
9. Lonely- Akon:
10. That’s Life- Frank Sinatra:
11. Lean On Me- Bill Withers (may he rest in Peace):
12. See You Again- Miley Cyrus:
or by Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth:
Song List Sources:
- Dave Osborn, “Songs for social distancing: ‘Don’t Stand So Close to Me,’ ‘Keep Your Hands to Yourself’ and more” USA Today.com, April 2, 2020 (8:45 p.m.), accessed May 4, 2020, https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/04/02/coronavirus-pandemic-best-social-distancing-songs/5118618002/
- Paul Thagard Ph.D, “Pandemic Playlist: Songs for Crisis” Psychology Today.com, April 3, 2020, accessed April 21, 2020, https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/hot-thought/202004/pandemic-playlist-songs-crisis
- Daniel Kreps, “Bill Withers’ ‘Lean on Me’ Is a Song for Every Crisis — Especially This One” Rolling Stone.com, April 3, 2020 (11:59 a.m.), accessed May 4, 2020, https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bill-withers-lean-on-me-coronavirus-977994/
- Akon at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, USA on September 12, 2010.– Tinseltown/Shutterstock
- Magelang [I]ndonesia, [D]ecember 24, 2018 : [P]o[r]trait queen on color abstract art style isolated.– Muhammad suryanto/Shutterstock
- Animated GIF– r/shittyreactiongifs (Reddit)/GIPHY
- Destiny[‘]s Child Beyonce GIF– beyhive1992 (Tumblr/Page Not Found)/GIPHY
- Bruno Mars Sigh GIF– ilavbrunomars(Tumblr/Page Not Found)/GIPHY
- Motivational Bob Marley GIF– No Source Found/GIPHY
- Season 6 GIF– simpsonsworld.com/GIPHY
- Rolling Stones Paint It Black 7′ Single– vinylmeister/Creative Commons
- Heatwave GIF– Robin Schulz/GIPHY
- That[‘]s Life Sal Valentinetti GIF– America’s Got Talent/GIPHY
- Soul Train 70[s] GIF– The Things You Are (Tumblr/Qwizzable)/GIPHY
- Wiz Khalifa Long Day GIF– Freefall-in-Blue (Tumblr)/GIPHY
*Videos embedded from YouTube
Hey, fellas! Happy Memorial Day Weekend! If you’re bummed about being stuck at home for the holiday, I know something you could do to cheer yourselves up: take a look at the second book I wrote with the SMS Novel Group! The book is a poetry anthology titled Seasons, and the poems we had written were inspired about our emotions. For instance, many of us wrote about past experiences that made us angry and sad, as well as our feelings about the COVID-19 pandemic. If you want a sneak peek, most of the poems I wrote were about issues that make me furious, such as bullying and domestic violence. For the full story, you must go to Amazon or SMS Novel and get the book. The E-book is free, but if you prefer the physical version of the book (like me), you’ll have to order the book from the SMS Novel website for $19.99. The link to the website is below. Enjoy!
Hi, peeps! In honor of (late) Earth Day, here are some songs that will get you into the spirit of making the world a better place:
- Heal the World- Michael Jackson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWf-eARnf6U
- We Are The World- USA For Africa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjkUyX0rVw
- Earth Song- Michael Jackson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAi3VTSdTxU
- We Can Change The World- Bridget Mendler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M59EB3Z9tOo
- Big Green Taxi- The Counting Crows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvtJPs8IDgU
- Radioactive- Imagine Dragons: https://youtu.be/ktvTqknDobU
- What A Wonderful World- Louis Armstrong: https://youtu.be/m5TwT69i1lU
- Give Peace A Chance- The Plastic Ono Band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3_0GqPvr4U
- This Land Is Your Land- Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings: https://youtu.be/XQ78uDio_ao
- Mercy, Mercy Me- Marvin Gaye: https://youtu.be/efiDnHS3fzk
- Send It On- Disney’s Friends For Change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-RpivcId8o
- Imagine- John Lennon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOgFZfRVaww
- Get Up Stand Up- Bob Marley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLYOOezs3DA
*Note: According to Google, most of these songs have many different recordings (ie. We Are The World was re-recorded by Michael Jackson in 2004).
Good evening, guys! I hope you all are staying safe and sound during this pandemic! I have an idea: to pass the time, why don’t you check out the new book that I co-wrote with the SMS Group? It is titled My Love Matters, and it is about a black college senior named Aries Johnson who falls in love with a white junior and football quarterback named Ryan Wolf. However, racism from others, disapproval from Aries’ parents, and a huge secret causes a few bumps in their relationship. Will their love for each other survive? You’ll have to read it and find out! Click on the link below to order. I hope you’ll like it! (P.S. I used my pen name, Laurel C. Belanz)
Greetings, everybody! I know that a lot of you must be going ballistic from being cooped up because of the deadly Coronavirus. But never fear! Lordy is here….to tell you that you do NOT have to go out to have a great time! Here is a list of things you could do while safeguarding yourself from this ugly disease:
- Take up reading
- Enjoy your favorite Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Disney+, and/or TV programs
- Write stories, plays, poems, essays, blogs, journal/diary entries, anything you fancy!
- Call, email, text, or video-call your loved ones (and ask them how they are holding up through all of this).
- Exercise. The gyms are closed, so you might as well.
- Surf through social media and post funny content
- Record live videos on social media
- Learn a new hobby/skill
- Play mobile games (SongPop and Choices are my favorites!)
- Arts & Crafts
- Listen to music and jam to karaoke!
- Start a podcast or web show, or both!
- Fun cooking sessions and dinners with your fellow residents!
- Try to become a star on YouTube, Tik Tok, Soundcloud, Instagram, etc.
- Attend or host an event via Zoom, Instagram Live, Facebook Live, Twitch, etc.
- Play cards or other games with your friends on a virtual game playing site (suggested by someone in one of my Repair The World campaigns)
- Riga, Latvia – March 25, 2018: Earphones connected to iPad showing Netflix logo on the screen.– Kaspars Grinvalds / Shutterstock.com
- Child cut applique top view. Artwork workplace with creative accessories. Flat lay art tools for painting.– s_oleg/Shutterstock.com
- RIGA, LATVIA. 4th April 2019. Young woman listens to music and reads message at smartphone. Sitting on lounge chair.– Gints Ivuskans/Shutterstock.com
- Happy friends singing together at home. Karaoke party concept– Prostock-studio/Shutterstock.com
- Concentrated On Writing– © Studio Dream/Dreamstime.com
- Exercise Ball Rollout– © Tadija Savic/Dreamstime.com
Hello, guys! For those of you who found my introduction post to be too long, here is a shorter version of it. My name is Lordy Emmanuella Belance, and I am from Brooklyn, NY. I recently finished school at Brooklyn College with a BFA in Creative Writing. A few of my works have been published in school publications, one of them being “Catching Up With The Other Lordys”. That story was about me contacting both my younger and older selves. I am the daughter of Haitian immigrants; both of my parents are from the city of Jérémie. A few things that I like are karaoke, creative writing, The Bachelor, international cuisine (especially Haitian food), and Disney. On the other hand, things that I dislike include bullying, child abuse, homophobia, when people diss the arts as a career field, and police brutality. I will talk more in depth about these topics as I continue blogging. However, I also would like to know what you want me to write about. Please comment your requests below, and tell me a little about yourself!